Dangal girl Sanya Malhotra is an upcoming Bollywood actress who is widely acclaimed for her portrayal of Indian wrestler, Babita Kumari in 2016 biographical sports drama film, Dangal. Sanya became an instant hit after the success of Dangal and was instantly signed for many projects. The 26-year old actress has been basking in the love she is receiving from her audience for her widely acclaimed roles in 2018 films like Badhai Ho and Pataakha. Within no time, Sanya has managed to create her mark like none other. She has featured in numerous commercials and has also modelled for hefty magazines ever since her Dangal fame. Riding high on fame, the actress hasn’t forgotten the importance to stay grounded. A very humble person by nature, Sanya has all the qualities a successful superstar needs to have. Giving hits after hits, Sanya is ready to traverse across the depths of success. Check out more about the actress below.
Sanya was born on 25 February 1992 and as of today she is 26 years of age. Sanya has been born and brought up in Delhi, India.
Sanya is 5’2″ tall and weighs around 50 Kg. Her eyes and hair are black in color and she has an astounding figure of 32-26-32. Being a trained dancer, Sanya is very conscious of her health and is a regular gym goer. “I workout not because I have to burn calories, but because I enjoy being active,” says the actress on being healthy.
Sanya was born in a upper-middle class Hindu-Punjabi family to Sunil Malhotra and Renu Malhotra. Her father is an engineer by profession and her mother is a homemaker. Sanya has one elder sister, Shagun Malhotra.
Sanya completed her schooling from Ryan International School, New Delhi after which she went on to pursue her graduation from the prestigious Gargi College, University of Delhi.
In 2018, Sanya won the 4th Annual Jackie Chan Action Movie Week award in China in the category of Best New Action Star.
Not much is known about Sanya when it comes to her love life. As of now the actress is unmarried.
Sanya has about 781K followers on Instagram and about 122K followers on Twitter. Her social media handles are full of pictures from her college days, pictures with family, photoshoots, behind the scenes of movie shoots and brand endorsements.
- Her favourite food items are rajma chawal, coffee and beetroot juice.
- She loves fruits and dry fruits. She stated in an interview that she couldn’t even afford fruits when she first came to Mumbai because she was low on money.
- Her favourite actors are Aamir Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Ranbir Kapoor and Ayushmann Khurrana.
- Tanya’s favourite actresses are Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt and Kangana Ranaut.
- Her favourite films are Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Maqbool, The Lunchbox and Dil Chahta Hai.
- Sanya loves the music of Coldplay, Rihanna and Lana del Ray.
- Her favourite destination spot is Europe.
- Her favourite hobbies are dancing, reading, travelling and doing yoga.
- Sanya recently bought a 3-BHK in Mumbai and a Hyundai Creta. She was tired of paying rent and wanted to have a place to herself. She has decided to go with a simplistic interiors for her new house. Her bedroom is the her favourite corner of the house.
- Unlike many other Bollywood actors, Sanya doesnt have any film background is totally new to the B-town.
- Sanya was very nervous working alongside Nawazuddin Siddiqui in Photograph. She eased out when she got to know how chilled out Siddiqui is.
- She became a huge fan of Ayushmann Khurrana after watching his Bareilly Ki Barfi and Shubh Mangal Savdhan and always wanted to work with him. Her dream was fulfilled when she got to star opposite Khurrana in Badhaai Ho.
- Sanya and her mother are big fans of actress Neena Gupta. Neena Gupta was Sanya’s mother’s senior in college.
- Sanya shot for Badhaai Ho and Pataakha at the same time.
- Sanya owes her success to Dangal and Aamir Khan.
- She feels that her role as Chhutki in the film Pataakha helped her shed her inhibitions.
- Sanya is a big introvert and a shy person in real life.
- Sanya is close friends with fellow actors Fatima Sana Shaikh, Radhika Madan, Aamir Khan and Ayushmann Khurrana.
- Sanya is an avid animal lover and owns a dog named Bruno.
Aamir Khan’s Dangal has gifted an immensely talented actor to Bollywood in the form of Sanya Malhotra. The star’s talent and her out of the box characters are loved by millions across the globe. It is just a matter of time till the actress ascends in the list of hefty B-town names. We wish her all the best!
- Femina wedding magazine
- wedding affair
- Femina nov 2016 cover
- dog name bruno