Today Facebook has become a highly video driven platform. There are various video formats which are supported on Facebook today, and we expect further advancements in the future. Therefore, if you are a diligent content creator- then you must have already forayed into the world of Facebook video making. However, it is also highly important that you learn how to monetize Facebook videos.
This is especially true if you are a business, a small brand, or an influencer looking to make a living. Once you are able to monetize Facebook videos, you will be able to stream in a lot of side income that could boost your current marketing efforts. Let’s have a look at how to monetize videos on Facebook-
Three Ways to Monetize Facebook Videos
Brands Collabs Manager
Facebook launched Brand Collabs Manager in order to create fruitful collaborations between content creators, influencers, and brands. It is very much similar to influencer marketing. Through Brands Collabs Manager you might be able to get brands to pay you in order to promote their services or products.
If you want to learn how to monetize Facebook videos- then this feature is a must. However, there are a set of guidelines that you must keep in mind if you want to be a part of brands collabs manager. Here are some aspects you ought to know-
Any brand or advertiser will go through rigorous screening before they pick you to promote their content. Of course, it will be more to your benefit if you are reputed in your niche and have a large fan following. If you are an advertiser and want to reach more people, you can easily browse content creators on the basis of different categories.
As a creator, the first thing you ought to do is read the Branded Content Policies and Partner Monetization Policies of Facebook as thoroughly as you can. You cannot sign up for the program with a personal Facebook profile, and must have a Facebook Page. After this there are certain milestones of eligibility that you will have to meet. Such as-
- Have at least 1000 followers
- Reach as much as 15,000 post engagements
- Have at least 3000 hours of complete watch time within the last 60 days.
- Must have 30,000 one-minute views for any 3 minute videos
- Also be the page admin for the page you want to monetize
- Your country must also be eligible for the Brand Collabs Manager.
If all these requirements are met you will be able to monetize Facebook videos.
You might just want to benefit out of your large fan following without having to collaborate with brands. In this case you can easily issue fan subscriptions for the page you are running. Therefore, in order for people to view your videos- they will have to pay a small amount due to you. Naturally, for this to be successful- you really need to be making an impact in the community you serve.
Subscription based monetization can get a little tricky and you might have to indulge in various methods to keep your audience engaged. There is a lot of exclusive content that you can create, which includes-
- Supporter- only Q&A
- Behind the Scenes Content
- Quizzes, votes, locked polls
- Subscriber- only posts
At the same time you have the complete freedom to set whatever price you want for the subscription. Facebook doesn’t have any take in the money you earn in this manner. However, if the transactions are undergoing through any app, then you will have to do with a certain percentage of the money earned.
At the same time, there are also certain requirements that you need to meet if you want to successfully run fan subscriptions. For instance-
- You have to comply with Facebook Monetization Standards, App Store Guidelines for Subscription, and Fan Funding Creator Terms.
- You also need to have 10,000 followers and as much as 250 return views. Simultaneously, you need to have higher than 50,000 post engagements and higher than 180,000 minutes of total watch time within the past 60 days.
How can You Set up Subscriptions for A Facebook Page?
Other than meeting all these eligibility points, there are also some technicalities that you need to take care of. If you really want to receive the maximum benefit off of your subscription plan then the following points must be taken into consideration. If you have an eligible page, then there are certain steps you must take to hand out fan subscriptions. A simple guide to the process is given here-
- You must first get to the Creator Studio
- You must next select the page for which you would like to hand out subscriptions and then click on Start Setup.
- User must also read through and agree with all the terms and conditions.
- You have to set up your payout account. This means that you will have to link any existing bank or a Paypal account to your facebook page.
- You must next select the special benefits that will only be received by your subscribers.
- Then you can pick the subscription price you want which usually starts with five dollars.
- You will have to wait for your request to be approved and then you can select Activate Subscriptions option.
The most important thing you have to remember is that Facebook will not select the special privileges received by your subscribers. This is something that you will have to decide for yourself. We really suggest that you create a strategy and give it ample time in order to put together a perfect content plan. After all, you have nothing else to offer your subscribers except the content that you create. Otherwise, it will be very easy to lose all your subscribers and the extra money.
In Stream Ads
In stream ads can also teach you how to monetize videos on Facebook. It is a term that implies that such ads will be playing out during your video as the content continues to stream. The best part is that these videos don’t even have to be live! Actually, ads are never played at the time of live stream and are added later on when you publish what you recorded in your live video.
In stream ads on Facebook are very similar to the ads on YouTube. They are simply placed within videos and usually run automatically. As always, what you have to worry about is whether you are eligible for the monetization. Of course, you must also pay due attention to creating content that is engaging and makes your audience sit through the ads.
There are different kinds of In-Stream Ads that you will have an option to choose. Facebook will also give you clear insight on how your content is performing. Here are the types of ads you can go for-
These are the advertisements which play out even before your video content has begun.
These will be played at any specified interval at the time of your video. You can either let Facebook choose this instant automatically, or take control of the placement yourself.
These are basically what we call ‘static ads’. These will be placed right under your content- below your video and visible almost throughout the course of its running.
Now in order to become eligible to actually monetize your videos through ads, there is some criteria you need to take care of. For example-
- You must at all times comply with Facebook’s Partner Monetization Policies
- User must have a minimum of 10,000 followers on the Facebook page that you want to monetize.
- You need to also have at least thirty thousand one-minute views. These will apply to all three-minute-long videos (and more) that you have created within the last 60 days.
- There is also an age restriction and you must be at least 18 years old.
- At the same time, your country must be eligible for running such in stream ads.
It is extremely simple to set up your in stream ads. After you have ensured that your page is eligible you must go to the Creator Studio and enable the streaming of these ads. As mentioned before, you will need to pick between automatic placements or manually choose your own. At the same time, you must also choose the video language. The rest will be handed by Facebook.
Live Stream Ads
There is also an eligibility criterion for people who would like to run live stream ads. For instance, you will need to have at least 60,000 live minutes of total views in the past 60 days. Of course, the watch time of recording these streams is not taken into account.
So here are the 7 basic ways in which Facebook allows you to monetize your videos. In case you have further doubts- you can leave comments below or stay tuned for more information!