Tell us more about your requirements so that we can connect you to the right Packers and Movers in Surat
While you are looking to relocate from one place to another, there are a lot of things to consider in that process. Moving to a new place holds several surprises and the beginning of a new life full of adventure.
Some people might feel that moving is a simple task and all you need to do is pack your stuff, load it in a truck, unload and then rearrange them in your new home. But in reality, it is not that simple, especially if you are planning to pack and move things on your own without hiring the services of specialized packers and movers.
There are a lot of decisions to take into consideration and lot of organized effect required in order to move from one place to another. So if you are going to move on your own then check out this ultimate checklist for DIY relocation.
1. Research the moving option and set your budget: There are several options of transportation available, even if you are going to pack, unpack, load as well as unload on your own. Know the moving cost between the origin and destination and make sure to save that much amount from your budget.
This needs to be planned few months before the move so that you do not get stuck due to money or look out for loans at the last moment. Check out how much you can spend and how much you actually need.
2. Make a plan: It is important to plan out your move and keep all sort of receipts, agreements and other documents in a proper place ready to move.
3. Choose a moving service: After proper researching you must put the plan in action and for that matter you must select a moving company and take quotes from several organisations before finalising on one. But if it is a fully DIY move then you can skip this step
1. Inform everyone: You must inform relevant people such as your milkman, newspaper vendor, electrician etc. whose service you might need later on at the new location.
If they do not provide service at that location then they can suggest alternatives. Inform your neighbours, postman and other people whom you interact with on a daily basis and give them your new address too.
2. Say Goodbye: It is not necessary to say goodbye to all people, but it is important to say goodbye to stuff that you have not used for years and you don't need. This will save on your transportation and packaging cost.
3. Purchase moving supplies: Check out the things that you want to pack and then buy out some bubble wrap, carton boxes, tape, packing peanuts etc from a nearby store.
1. Start packing: start packing the non-essential items that you would not be needing in the next two weeks.
2. Contact a transportation company: Since you would be moving things on your own, you need to hire a truck and for this contact a company which provides trucks on rent. Do hash out various details with them well in advance.
1. Shed the small stuff: Shed the grocery and food items and do not buy unnecessary stuff. If possible donate some items.
2. Take care of valuables: Valuables such as jewellery, cash, camera and other stuff must be kept separately so that there is no sort of loss and you can carry these items in your personal vehicle.
3. Hire some labours: Do hire a few people to carry the heavy furniture and other stuff from your home to the truck. We suggest you don’t do it yourself since you may end up injuring yourself.
1. Clean up: Clean up the house, so that you might find some stuff left here and there. Do a thorough and deep cleaning of the house.
2. Defrost: Stop using your appliances and if possible defrost your fridge and clean it completely.
3. Pack the car: Load the valuables and personal stuff in your car or personal vehicle beforehand. This would also include toiletry kit, extra clothes, some food packets etc.
Be a part of Reviewsxp & receive latest Updates & Deals