Xiaomi is the Chinese word for “millet”. In 2011 its CEO Lei Jun recommended there are a greater number of implications than simply the “millet and rice.” He connected the “Xiao” part to the Buddhist idea that “a solitary grain of rice of a Buddhist is as extraordinary as a mountain,” proposing Xiaomi needs to work from the seemingly insignificant details, rather than beginning by making progress toward flawlessness, while “mi” is an acronym for Mobile Internet and furthermore Mission Impossible, alluding to the deterrents experienced in beginning the organization.
He additionally expressed that he supposes the name is adorable. In 2012 Lei Jun said that the name is in regards to upset and having the capacity to bring development into another zone.
Xiaomi’s new ‘Rifle’ processor has offered weight to a few sources connecting the last significance to the Communist Party of China’s “millet and rifle” progressive maxim amid the Second Sino-Japanese War.
Xiaomi was established in April 6 2010 by serial business person Lei Jun in view of the vision “Innovation for everyone” based in Haidian District, Beijing, China. With a view to trust that superb items worked with bleeding edge innovation ought to be made open to everybody. The vision is to make surprising hardware, software, and Internet services with the assistance of our Mi fans. The company consolidates Mi Fan’s criticism into their product, which presently incorporates which currently includes Mi and Redmi Smartphone, Mi TVs and set-top boxes, Mi routers, and Mi Ecosystem products including smart home products, wearable and other accessories. With nearness in more than 30 nations and districts, Xiaomi is growing its impression over the world to wind up a worldwide brand.
Xiaomi announced its first Smartphone in August 2011 and has quickly picked up the piece of the pie in China to end up China’s biggest Smartphone brand in 2014. As of 2017, Xiaomi was the world’s fifth-biggest smartphone company. As of the beginning of Q2 of 2018, Xiaomi has turned into the world’s fourth-biggest smartphone producer. Xiaomi has ventured into building up a more extensive scope of customer hardware, including a keen home (IoT) gadget ecosystem.
Let’s take a broader look into some main highlighted milestone of Xiaomi from the beginning till now.
- On 16 August 2010, Xiaomi officially launched its first Android-based firmware MIUI
- The Xiaomi’s first Smartphone Mi 1 was announced in August 2011 with Xiaomi’s own baked MIUI firmware.
- In August 2012 Xiaomi announced its second Smartphone the Xiaomi Mi 2.
- Till 24 September 2013 Xiaomi sold more than 10 million Mi 2 in China.
- In 2014 Xiaomi reported its extension outside China; with their first international headquarter in Singapore. Following Singapore, the organization opened in Malaysia, Philippines and India, and planed to enter Indonesia, Thailand, Russia, Turkey, Brazil and Mexico in the next months.
- In the same year Xiaomi entered Indian market with its first Smartphone Xiaomi Mi 3, the breakthrough for all the Smartphone.
- On 23 April 2015, Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun and VP Hugo Barra met up to declare another phone named Mi 4i in India, the first Smartphone to be launch in some other nation than China. The Xiaomi Mi Band was likewise propelled in a similar occasion.
- In September 2016 Xiaomi smartphones became officially available in the European Union through their partnership with ABC Data.
- In May 2017, Xiaomi opened two MI Home stores; one in Bangalore (India) and one in Bangladesh. It is the first of several planned for the region.
- On 5 September Xiaomi announced Mi A1, which is the lineup of Android One Smartphone under the motto: Created by Xiaomi, Powered by Google. In the occasion keynote, Xiaomi expressed they began working with Google for the Mi A1 Android One cell phone just about a half year prior.
- On May 3, 2018, Xiaomi filled to open up to the world on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and plans to bring $10 billion up in IPO which is world’s greatest IPO raise since 2014.
Now let’s Have quick look at infographic on facts, stats and inside talks about Xiaomi you never knew.
So this was the journey of Xiaomi through some points and now it’s time to check out the awesome infographic designed by our team just for our awesome readers.
Don’t forget to mention in the comments below how do you like the infographic.