Endocrinology is a department of body structure that deals with the study, conduct and sicknesses of the endocrine organs of our body. Endocrine organs include endocrine glands and their secretions (hormones). These secretions allow us to coordinate diverse everyday sports in our body and as a result, continue powerful functioning. A health practitioner handling problems of endocrine organs is known as an endocrinologist in Dubai.
Endocrinologists in medical remedy procedure
In remedy in which a medical doctor specializes in diagnosing and treating ailments that are brought about via way or that affect your hormones, they’re known as an endocrinologist.
Most endocrinologists function in endocrinology and/or diabetes departments in well-known hospitals, in place of a GP’s surgery. If your GP desires to refer you to an endocrinologist, it is going to be a medical doctor who works in a health facility and specializes in treating hormone situations.
To end up a representative endocrinologist, a medical doctor desires to have a look at for at least 9 years when they have completed scientific faculty and by skip checks withinside the subject.
Some scientific medical doctors who concentrate on endocrinology additionally perform studies to attempt to discover new remedies for hormone-associated situations.
Here is the list of 10 Best Endocrinologist in Dubai
The Endocrinology Division is a specialized unit withinside the care of numerous endocrine and metabolic ailments. It gives complete today’s diagnostic and healing offerings for sufferers with endocrine illnesses. The doctors here functions in collaboration with different staff to control different kinds of pathologies.
Diseases treated by way of means of the Endocrinology Division:
Diabetes & Hypoglycemic Disorders: Include one-of-a-kind varieties of diabetes or high blood sugar, consisting of kind 1, kind 2 and diabetes on pregnancy. It additionally covers issues of low blood sugar or hypoglycemia. Disorders of the Pituitary Gland: Involve illnesses associated with expanded or suppressed pituitary hormone production, numerous tumours that may affect the pituitary gland and hypothalamus.
Lipid Abnormalities: Include high LDL cholesterol or triglyceride degrees. Thyroid Diseases: Involve thyroid nodules, thyroid cancer, illnesses associated with expanded or suppressed thyroid hormone production.
Overweight & Obesity: Include issues with expanded weight and its consequences justify; “Osteoporosis & Osteopenia, situations characterized using reduced bone density with the expanded threat of fractures.
Parathyroid and Bone Metabolic Disorders: Include parathyroid hormone overproduction or underproduction, with issues of hypercalcemia (or extended calcium degrees in the blood) or hypocalcemia (low blood calcium), diet D deficiency.
Adrenal Problems: Involve adrenal masses, deficiency in adrenal gland feature with low blood cortisol, overproduction of cortisol or aldosterone or catecholamines. Hormonal Reproductive Disorders together with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome with abnormal periods, hirsutism, Male and Female hormonal abnormalities with issues in the period, infertility, erectile dysfunction.
Dr. Suzane Koubar
Consultant Endocrinologist with the authorization to exercise in France from 2015. She finished her studies at the University of Saint Joseph- Lebanon and withinside the University of Montpellier UM1- France.
She has a medical experience as an attending doctor withinside the Sacre Coeur Hospital-Lebanon and in the Centre Hospitalier Pierre Oudot-France. Her fellowship changed into practice in prestigious French hospitals (Lapeyronie Hospital, Bichat Hospital, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kremlin Bicetre Hospital).
Dr. Koubar has medical know-how in healing training for gestational diabetes, type I and type II diabetes mellitus, in addition to obesity. She additionally plays ultrasound-guided first-rate needle therapy for thyroid nodules.
She additionally has coaching experience as a part-time lecturer for graduate college students withinside the Nutrition (Master) & Nursing departments in the Lebanese University-Beirut. Dr. Koubar is likewise a lively individual in the community, organizing many public campaigns to educate approximately diabetes/obesity, their complications, remedies and control.
Dr. Abdul Jabbar
Dr. Abdul Jabbar is a renowned endocrinologist with over 34 years of medical experience and is considered the best endocrinologist in dubai. His treatment for clinical ailments such as diabetes, thyroid dysfunction, type 1 and type 2 diabetes in adolescents and adults, uncontrolled complex cases with or without complications, diabetic renal disease, diabetic neuropathies and feet. Includes ulcers, diabetic retinopathy, diabetes and cardiovascular complications.
Dr. Abdul is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians London (FRCP) and the American College of Endocrinology (FACE). He previously worked at well-known laboratories such as Aga Khan University and Mohammed Bin Rashid Health Science University in Dubai.
He is fluent in English, Gujarati, Hindi, Sindhi, and Urdu, so communication barriers are negligible. Indexed journals accredited by his name include national and international publications. He has also been actively invited as a guest speaker at scientific conferences, conferences, CDEs and global conferences to talk about gestational diabetes.
Dr. Ahemd AK Hassoun, Dubai
Dr. Ahemd AK Hassoun is a US Board Certified Endocrinologist with over 28 years of endocrinology experience. He is well-trained in the treatment of all kinds of diabetes, obesity, thyroid diseases and tumours, high blood pressure, and more.
Dr. Ahemd is funded by the American College of Physicians and the American College of Endocrinology. He is professionally involved with various organizations such as the American Diabetes Association (ADA), Endocrine Society (ES), and the American Clinical Endocrine Society (AACE).
He plays an important role in developing and updating UAE diabetes policies and in the education and training of physicians and other healthcare providers in the field of endocrinology. Dr Ahemd is the co-founder of the Monthly UAE Endocrinology Conference (Endocrinology Club), founded in 2002.
He has received multiple awards from the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists-Gulf Branch, including the 2019 Ibn Sina Distinguished Service Award. He is the author and co-author of more than 50 articles in the field of endocrinology.
Dr. Gita Majdi, Dubai
Dr. Gita Majdi is a US Board Certified Endocrinologist in Dubai with over 25 years of experience in the fields of internal medicine and endocrinology. She has expertise in weight management, diabetes treatment, thyroid disease treatment and more.
After completing internal training at Queen’s University, Ontario, Canada, she completed a two-year fellowship program at the Western University of Ontario, Canada. She is an expert member of the Royal Canadian College of Internal Medicine and Surgeons, the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE), the Canadian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism (CSEM), the Endocrine Society, and the Obesity Society.
Dr. Adel Ahmed El Naggar, Ph.D.
He has over 15 years of experience. Adel Ahmed El Naggar is one of the best endocrinology and obesity management experts in the United Arab Emirates. Dr Adele specializes in diabetes, thyroid and obesity, reproductive endocrinology, endocrine and hormonal disorders, women’s health, gestational diabetes and gestational diabetes, as well as internal medicine, chronic diseases and general research.
He is a member of the American Diabetes Association (ADA), the European Diabetes Association (EASD), the American Diabetes Association (AACE), and the American Emirates Diabetes / Endocrine Society.
Adele has published several publications/studies celebrating his achievements, including diabetes management in the presence of socioeconomic barriers and the psychological aspects of diabetes and obesity management. He has an MBBS and a master’s degree. (Endocrinology) from Ain Shams University in Egypt. He is fluent in Arabic and English.
Dr. Alshimaa Rezk, Dubai
Dr. Alshimaa Rezk is, Endocrinologist in dubai with over 17 years of experience. She completed her studies, followed by her graduate studies at Ain Shams University in Egypt.
Dr. Rezk previously worked at world-class laboratories such as Alhayat Hospital, Calcium Medical Center and Cleopatra International Hospital. Indexed journals accredited by her name include national and international publications.
She is also actively invited as a guest speaker at scientific conferences, conferences, CDEs, and global conferences to talk about hormonal imbalances. She can speak Arabic and English.
Dr. Vipin Mishra, Dubai
Dr. Vipin Mishra has acquired the diploma of MBBS withinside 12 months of 1980 and MD (Medicine) with a college gold medal in 1984 from SN Medical College, Agra, India.
He acquired Ph.D. in Medicine from Agra University in 1991 and DM (Endocrinology) from the celebrated All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi withinside 12 months in 1992.
Dr. Mishra labored withinside the UK for three hundred and sixty-five days as a Commonwealth Medical Fellow from 1993 to 1994. In the UK he worked at the Royal Victoria Infirmary and Freeman Hospital in Newcastle-upon-Tyne with the sector authority in Diabetes & Endocrinology Prof. KG M Alberti.
- All sorts of Diabetes which include Type-1, Type-2, Gestational and Monogenic Diabetes and diabetic complications.
- All sorts of thyroid illnesses include hypothyroidism, thyrotoxicosis (hyperthyroidism), thyroid nodules and different sorts of goitres.
- Problems of organs and improvement in boys and women include brief stature, excessively tall stature and delayed, poor or absent pubertal improvement (sexual maturation)
- Pituitary illnesses include pituitary tumours, Acromegaly, issues of excessive prolactin, Diabetes Insipidus, Syndrome of Inappropriate Secretion of ADH (SIADH) etc.
- Adrenal gland illnesses like Cushing’s syndrome, Addison’s disease, Adrenal tumours, Pheochromocytoma and Hyper and hypo-aldosteronism.
Hyper and hypoparathyroidism
- Male and female infertility and/or sexual disorder because of hormonal causes.
- Problems of ambiguous genitalia and gender project in children.
- Metabolic bone illnesses include osteoporosis, osteomalacia and rickets.
- Rare neuroendocrine tumours and carcinoid syndrome.
Dr. Bashar Neamat Fadheel Sahar
Dr. Bashar Neamat Fadheel Saharhas finished his four-12 months internship at King Hussein scientific city (Amman, Jordan), after which joined the National Center for Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Genetics to finish his fellowship in diabetes, endocrinology and metabolism.
The National Center for Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Genetics is among the very famous tertiary diabetes facilities withinside the Middle East region. The schooling software makes a speciality of observing up and control of sufferers with exclusive endocrine issues and important studies of the body.
- Diabetes and metabolic illnesses
- Endocrine issues with a genetic background
- Perplexing Endocrine illnesses.
Dr. Mathews J. Alapatt
Dr. Alapatt is a main Internal Medicine Specialist in Dubai with a selected study in offering diabetes remedies and care. He practices a holistic method for the remedy of diabetes and the study of the significance of preventative remedies and sustainable lifestyle changes.
Dr. Alapatt acquired his bachelor’s diploma (MBBS) from the celebrated St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore, India in 1985. Subsequently, he finished his Postgraduate studies (MD, General Medicine) at the identical university and acquired his Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) withinside the UK.
Dr Alapatt is likewise a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh. He has additionally finished his Master’s Degree (MSc.) in Diabetes from Cardiff University, United Kingdom.
Before becoming a member of JTS Medical Centre. Dr. Alapatt became the Head of the Department of Medicine at Mediclinic – Welcare Hospital, Dubai for 15 years. He additionally has an excellent exercise document in India and the United Kingdom. He is a pretty skilled health practitioner with a big portfolio of abilities and revels in the back of him.
Endocrinologists in technology
- There also are a few endocrinologists who’ve ended up experts in hormones via running in technology and analyzing the clinical factors of the way hormones function.
- These endocrinologists no longer deal with sufferers. Instead, their process is to perform studies to attempt to recognize hormones withinside the body functions as a way to grow new remedies.
- They frequently practice in universities or in industrial groups which include drug groups or practices with scientific Endocrinologist in dubai to broaden new or higher remedies to deal with sufferers.
Endocrinologist in nursing
- Some nurses additionally concentrate on most effectively treating sufferers with hormone-associated ailments. The process of those expert endocrine nurses is to help with the care of sufferers with long-time period endocrine situations. They offer recommendations to sufferers on a way to improve their condition.
- Specialist endocrine nurses generally function in endocrinology and/or diabetes departments in well-known hospitals.
Hormones and Endocrinology
- Hormones are secreted via means of the endocrine glands of the body. Different hormones have exceptional actions. Each hormone acts on a particular body part. They assist withinside the boom and improvement of the body and alter numerous physical functions.
- Some hormones assist in your betterment and improvement, a few assist in regulating your blood strain and temperature, and others assist a girl to conceive or end up pregnant. Hormones play a vital function in your metabolism and many other organs of the body.
Endocrinology is a department of the scientific subject that deals with illnesses associated with hormones and the glands that secrete them (endocrine glands). The glands that secrete the hormones encompass:
- Pancreas: A gland positioned on your stomach that makes insulin and glucagon.
- Thyroid: A butterfly-formed gland on your neck that controls your metabolism, energy, and mind boom and improvement.
- Pituitary gland: A pea-sized gland positioned at the bottom of your mind that controls all of the different hormones.
- Adrenal glands: A pair of glands, one on every aspect of the stomach, positioned at the pinnacle of your kidneys. They manage your blood strain, metabolism, pressure response, and intercourse hormones.
- Parathyroid glands: Four small glands on your neck that manage the extent of calcium in your blood.
- Hypothalamus: A small gland positioned at the bottom of your mind that controls body temperature, hunger, and thirst.
- Ovaries: Reproductive glands (gonads) in ladies that include eggs.
- Testes: Reproductive glands (gonads) in adult males that include sperms.
- Pineal gland: A gland discovered close to the middle of the mind that can be connected to sleep patterns.
- Thymus: A gland withinside the higher part of your chest that facilitates the improvement of the body’s immune machine at some point in the early ranges of your life.
What illnesses does an endocrinologist deal with?
An endocrinologist treats illnesses because of the imbalance of hormones within the body. Endocrine illnesses can be both because of growth or because of the secretion of hormones.
The maximum illnesses handled via way of means of an endocrinologist encompass:
- Diabetes mellitus type 1 and type 2
- Thyroid problems
Other illnesses that an endocrinologist treats encompass:
- Polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD)
- Addison’s sickness (deficiency of hormones of adrenal glands)
- Cushing’s syndrome (immoderate manufacturing of the hormone cortisol which results in weight benefit and puffy face)
- Gigantism (a baby whose bones and body components develop abnormally fast)
- Dwarfism (abnormally short stature)
- Certain cancers of the endocrine glands
Why should you visit an endocrinologist?
- You can visit an endocrinologist in Dubai via way of means of your circle of relatives medical doctor. You could go to him/her to your very own if
- You are a diabetic.
- Your excessive blood sugar stage has now no longer been managed via way of means of your medical doctor`s treatment.
- Your medical doctor does now no longer have enjoy in treating diabetes.
- You are on many insulin injections or on an insulin pump.
- You have advanced headaches of diabetes.
- You have abnormalities discovered on your thyroid blood assessments.
An Endocrinologist in dubai is an expert medical doctor who treats imbalances of hormones or the endocrine organ of the body. An endocrinologist is skilled for nearly a few years in endocrinology after finishing 4 years of scientific education and 3 years of post-commencement medical remedy. Endocrinologists are all specialists who concentrate on analyzing hormones or hormone-associated ailments.