Smartphones nowadays vary from the latest processors, RAM, and other factors as such. It’s not like the old days where each and every phone was priced similar.
Nowadays, we can see around 3-4 categories around the price range itself, starting with the affordable ones, followed by the budget-oriented devices and then comes the flagship and etc.
For a normal person in today’s era, it’s very hard to select a smartphone which will suit him/her in every possible way. We at ReviewsXP will do our best to help you find ‘the one’.
All the smartphones mentioned below range from Rs. 15,000- Rs. 20,000 and you can buy these devices from online portals and some are available offline too.
Here are the Best Mobile Phones under ₹20,000 With Specs, Pros and Cons:
1. Realme X (4GB RAM and 128 GB Storage)
Realme is a subsidiary of Oppo and one of its latest models in the market is Realme X. The 4GB variant of the models costs around Rs. 16000 to 17000 (depending on the online sites). It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 AIE processor which clocks at 2.2 GHz. It comes with 6.53-inch full HD+ super AMOLED display. The rear dual-camera setup is of 48MP + 5MP and the front selfie camera is 16MP. The phone is powered by a 3765mAH battery and comes with VooC flash charge.
- The fast charging is pretty decent.
- No-notch display with a pop-up selfie camera.
- The 3765mAH provides a good battery life.
- Daylight image quality is great and low-light imaging does its job better than many other models.
- No means for expanding the storage.
- Many models around this range come with a wide-angle camera.
2. Oppo K3 (8GB RAM and 128GB Storage)
Oppo K3 is one of the latest models of Oppo in the market which categorizes as a budget phone (i.e. if your budget is in the neighbourhood of Rs.20,000). It comes with a dual-camera setup on the back which is of 16MP + 2MP and a front selfie camera of 16MP. Both the setup support AI beautification. Oppo K3 runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core processor which is of 2.2 GHz. It has a battery life similar to Realme X because of the 3765mAH lithium-polymer battery. This variant is priced at Rs. 19,990.
- The design is beautiful, gives a premium feel.
- The performance is decent and fast.
- The image quality of the camera is good enough.
- It has a good battery life
- Supports fast charging.
- Personally, it feels that the phone will slip from hands.
- No expandable storage.
3. Vivo Z1x (6GB RAM and 64GB RAM)
Vivo Z1x is one of the newer models of the Vivo Z series. It is a budget smartphone which packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 AIE processor. It has triple-camera setup on the back which is of 48MP + 8MP + 2MP. The front selfie camera which sits in the waterdrop notch is of 32MP. It is powered by a 4500mAH lithium-ion battery which is a pretty good advantage for extensive smartphone users. It has got a 6.8-inch full HD+ display. The Vivo Z1x is priced at Rs. 16,990.
- The display is decent.
- The camera quality is good enough for a phone at this price range.
- The fast charging is pretty good.
- The battery life of the phone gives it an edge over competitors.
- No expandable storage.
- The Funtouch OS can feel a bit choppy to some users and it needs more tuning.
4. Realme XT (4GB RAM and 64GB Storage)
Realme XT comes with a quad-camera setup on the back. This is one of the plus points about the phone. The rear camera setup is of 64MP + 8MP +2MP +2MP. The front selfie camera is of 16MP. The storage is expandable up to 256GB. It has a 6.4-inch waterdrop-notch display. The phone runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 processor and packs a 4000mAH battery. This variant of the smartphone costs Rs. 15,999 while the 8GB variant costs Rs. 18,999.
- The X factor of the phone is the 64MP primary camera which snaps good quality images.
- The battery life of the phone is good thanks to the 4000mAH battery.
- The storage is expandable.
- The Super AMOLED display works well.
- While the 64MP camera does its job well the macro and ultra-wide angle camera doesn’t
- The software can feel choppy to stock android users and needs some refinements.
5. Samsung Galaxy M40 (6GB RAM and 128GB Storage)
Samsung Galaxy M40 is one of Samsung’s latest budget phones which aims to provide a decent camera with a display that sports a punch-hole selfie camera. This variant of the models costs Rs. 17,999. The tripe-camera setup on the back is of 32MP + 8Mp + 5MP. The front selfie camera is of 16MP. It runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 octa-core processor and is powered by a 3500mAH battery. It supports external storage which can be expanded up to 512GB.
- The Ultra-wide angle camera is good for this price.
- The overall performance of the phone is decent.
- It supports expandable storage.
- The display is nice.
- No headphone jack.
- Battery should have been better given the price.
- Many models at this price range come with Snapdragon 710 or better.
6. Oppo F11 Pro (6GB RAM and 64GB Storage)
Oppo F11 Pro is one of the newer models of Oppo in the market. It targets customers who love a no-notch display and enjoy a pop-up selfie camera. This variant of the model can be purchased on Flipkart for Rs. 15,990 and given the specs it is a good deal. It runs on MediaTek Helio P70 octa-core processor and is powered by a 4000mAH battery. The front camera is of 16MP while the rear dual-camera setup is of 48MP + 5MP.
- The design of the model is stunning.
- No-notch display.
- The camera quality is pretty decent.
- The 4000mAH battery provides a good battery life.
- Expandable storage is supported.
- USB-C type is not present.
- There is no AMOLED display.
7. Oppo A9 2020 (4GB RAM and 128GB Storage)
Oppo has launched multiple budget phones this year which has good camera quality and Oppo A9 2020 is one of them. This particular variant of the model is priced at Rs. 16,888. It has a quad-camera setup on the back which is of 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP. The front camera is of 16MP. It is powered by a 5000mAH lithium-polymer battery which is great at this price range. It has a 6.5-inch water-notch display.
- The camera quality is decent.
- Due to the 5000mAH battery, the phone has very good battery life.
- Supports expandable storage and has a dedicated micro SD slot.
- Supports fast charging as well as wireless charging.
- Runs on Snapdragon 665 processor.
- Display quality could have been better.
- The phone feels slippery.
8. Vivo S1 (4GB RAM and 128 GB Storage)
This variant of Vivo S1 is priced at Rs. 17,990 and comes with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage which is expandable up to 256 GB. The model is powered up by a 4500mAH lithium-polymer battery which gives the phone a good backup. Vivo S1 runs on the Helio P65 (MT6768) processor and has a 6.38-inch full HD+ display which features a waterdrop notch for the front camera. The front selfie camera is of 32Mp while the triple-camera setup on the back is of 16Mp + 8MP + 2MP.
- The camera quality is decent.
- The phone has a good battery backup thanks to the 4500mAH battery.
- It has a fast in-display fingerprint sensor.
- It has expandable storage.
- Supports fast charging.
- The phone does not support HD streaming.
- It does not have a type-C port.
9. Nokia 7.2 (4GB RAM and 64GB Storage)
Nokia 7.2 is one of the popular models of Nokia which is priced under Rs. 20,000. This variant of the model has 4GB RAM and 64GB Storage which is expandable up to 512 GB. The triple-camera setup in the rear is of 48MP + 8MP + 5MP and the front camera is of 20MP. It is powered by a 3500mAH battery and runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor. It has a 6.3-inch full HD+ display.
- The camera quality is very good.
- The display is sort of immersive and decent.
- Supports expandable storage up to 512GB.
- Competitors are providing Snapdragon 710 or better at this price.
- Battery capacity should have been better given the price.
10. Samsung Galaxy A30s (4GB RAM and 64GB Storage)
Samsung Galaxy A30s is a budget phone from Samsung. It is an improved version of Samsung Galaxy A30. It has a 6.4-inch full HD display which sports a waterdrop notch for the front selfie camera. Few of the major changes from A30 are the triple-camera setup and the in-display fingerprint sensor. The triple-camera setup is of 25Mp + 5MP + 8MP and the front camera is of 16MP. It is powered by a 4000mAH lithium-ion battery and runs on Exynos 7904 octa-core processor. It is priced at Rs. 16,990.
- Camera quality is better than A30.
- The display is good.
- Dedicated micro SD card slot.
- The battery backup is good due to the 4000mAH battery.
- Though the performance of the phone is good for casual use if you are a gamer this model won’t be satisfactory.
- Another problem is that the back is a smudge magnet.
11 Vivo V15 (6GB RAM and 64GB Storage)
The Vivo V15 comes with a 6.53-inch full HD+ display which does not have a notch. It has an in-display fingerprint sensor and a pop-up selfie camera which is of 32MP. The triple-camera setup at the rear is of 12Mp + 5MP + 8MP. It is powered by a 4000mAH lithium-ion battery and runs on a MediaTek Helio P70 processor. The Vivo V15 is priced at Rs. 15,990.
- The camera quality is good and daylight imaging gives decent output.
- The 4000mAH battery provides good backup.
- Supports expandable storage.
- Full HD+ no-notch display.
- Earphone is provided in the box.
- It does not have a USB Type-C port.
- Does not support HD streaming.
These were our top picks for the best smartphones of 2021. An article for the best smartphones under Rs. 10,000 is coming soon so stay tuned to ReviewsXP.
Higher Budget? 10 Best Smartphones Under ₹30000 You can Buy in India (2021)