YouTube is one of the most popular videos streaming websites. All of us use YouTube someday or the other to watch a video or two. However, there is no option on YouTube to download the video to the device.
The videos stay only on YouTube downloads for a while and then require a redownload. This is where 4K Video Downloader comes to our rescue. The 4K Video Downloader isn’t an online service, but a full-fledged desktop application for downloading YouTube videos.
What is 4K Video Downloader?
The 4K Video Downloader is a desktop application available for various operating systems, Windows, MAC and Linux to download videos. 4K is a resolution standard providing 4000 pixels horizontal resolution approximately.
Even older versions of these operating systems are supported by the 4K Video Downloader. The desktop application is quite lightweight as well. The 4k Video downloader also supports other audio and video streaming websites such as Facebook, Vimeo, SoundCloud, Flickr, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Twitch.
How to Download Videos from YouTube?
The 4K Video converter provides mainly two functionalities in this regard- downloading the whole playlist from YouTube and/or download the whole YouTube channel.
Apart from this the users also have an option to download individual videos from YouTube.
Download YouTube Channel:
- Download and install the latest version of 4K Video Converter for PC for a preferred operating system from the website.
- To download the whole YouTube channel, find the user or the channel from which you want to download from. Then copy the URL of the video.
- Launch the application and paste this link by selecting the “Paste Link” option in the top left corner. The application will start parsing the information about the channel.
- After that, you have the option to select the video quality and format. It is also possible to extract the audio from the files. Then click the “Download” button and wait for the download to complete.
- You can click on the “Play” button to play the video or can use the “Show in folder” option to open the folder in which videos are saved.
Download YouTube playlist:
- Download and install the 4K Video Downloader application for your operating system from the website.
- Copy the video link from the browser.
- Paste the copied URL from the browser after pressing the “Paste URL” button in the top left corner.
- Select the option of “Download Playlist”, in order to download the whole playlist.
- Wait for the application to get all of the information about the Playlist.
- Select the quality and format type for the videos, then press the Download button.
- Wait for the files to download.
- You can choose to play the files after download by pressing the “Play” button or can use the option of “Show in folder” to view the downloaded file.
The 4K Video Download also provides a video guide of downloading videos, called “How to Use 4K Video Downloader”. There is also a Smart Mode that is very helpful in downloading the videos without much of user intervention.
You can select the quality, format, whether or not to keep the subtitles and the download location beforehand. This way you are not required to choose again and again.
Features of 4k Video downloader
The 4K Video Downloader provides ease in downloading videos from YouTube in 4k quality or the preferred choice of yours. Apart from this, there are the following features:
- The 4K Video Downloader supports various operating systems, including Windows, MAC and Linux.
- The main functionality of the 4K Video Downloader is free and the developers claim it to be free always.
- There are no watermarks, no registrations, and no payments required for downloading the videos.
- The 4K Video Converter supports all popular video sites.
- There are options available for extracting the audio and subtitles from the video in the desired format as well.
- The interface is easy to use.
- The application is lightweight and is not heavy on the system.
- There is an option to download the complete playlist from YouTube and the videos from the whole of the YouTube channel.
- There is a feature of direct transfer to iTunes, that means the downloaded videos are transferred to the iTunes library directly.
- You can download the videos in 3D format. There is a small special icon that appears during video parsing.
- Can download the 360o degree videos that involve 360o simultaneous recording with a change in viewing angle.
- Is Smart Mode feature for you to select the quality and type format, option to download the subtitles and selecting the download location beforehand.
- Are in-app proxy servers available that set up the proxy settings right from the time you start to use the app?
The 4K Video Downloader is free to use and download. There are no hidden charges as well. However, there is a Premium option for downloading the 4K Video Downloader.
The Premium version includes a personal license for three computers with a one-time fee. This version includes unlimited playlists download, unlimited channel downloads, channel subscription feature, unlimited subtitles download, no advertisements and future updates for the application. The Premium version costs €15.
The customer support for 4K Video Downloader is amazing. The application also supports customer feedback in case there is an application that is restricting download. There is an option available to email them the query and they reply back in two to three weeks.
A good example of this is changing in YouTube’s policy of Vevo videos. The application has addressed the issue and is still working to make the user experience better.
The 4K video Downloader is among the best available solution in the market to download YouTube videos. The application is smooth and effective.
It gets the job done without being fussy for the users. We are just hoping for a mobile version of the application to arrive. Apart from this, it’s a big thumbs up from us.